- REALTORS® Know How to Navigate the Process – A REALTOR® is the manager of your home buying process. You and your REALTOR® will begin with extensive discussions to head off any road blocks later on. Your REALTOR® is aware of your concerns, needs and priorities. They are there from the beginning to end, navigating each step of the way with you. Selling real estate can be a tricky business, full of regulations and involved steps. Your REALTOR® works for you, staying on top of the latest regulations and helping you meet them.
- REALTORS® Know How to Professionally List the Property – In the age of Web 2.0, it’s not enough to upload your phone photos to a few random sites. Buyers expect professional photos, videos and flawless online presentation. To get the most exposure, you also need to manage your listing across multiple channels. REALTORS® will do all this for you, including coordinating with photographers and videographers to make sure your listing is top-notch. You have to hit the right emotional and responsive chords with your buyers. Your agent will determine who the likely buyer will be and will market directly to that segment of the market.
- REALTORS® Know How to Prepare Sellers – Before you sell, your home must be in the best condition possible. Your REALTOR® can advise you on what repairs need to be done, and they frequently know good contractors. You may have to have inspections done before you sell, and will probably have to do repairs. A REALTOR® can set up any required inspections and instruct you on how to prepare. Sometimes homeowners will take out a loan against the house to finance costly repairs, but this can’t be done while the house is on the market. A REALTOR® may help assess the situation, and then wait to list it until the repairs are completed.
- REALTORS® Can Help Sellers Prepare for Showings – Staging is extremely important. That first impression is vital. Not only do all of the repairs need to be done, but if you still live there, the place must be kept clean and staged. This means everything from maintaining curbside appeal to the little details, like placing out a plate of cookies or laying out your best dishes in a table setting. A home must be open and inviting;smells, pets and lighting must all be taken into consideration. Your REALTOR® may also advise you to de-clutter certain closets and rearrange rooms. They may explain which personal touches add a “homey” look and which things detract from a potential buyer envisioning their own decor.
- REALTORS® Can Help Get Buyers Through the Doors – REALTORS® not only get the traffic in, they know how to manage it. They can arrange and hold open houses in a way that gets as many visitors as possible. They also work with buyers so that showings are more convenient for you. This is especially important if you still live in the house. REALTORS® may also help weed through potential candidates so that you don’t waste your time with no-shows or non-serious buyers. If a person needs to sell a house before buying another, the seller needs to know this. Your agent can determine this and help you factor this in to your final decision.
- REALTORS® Know How to Objectively Negotiate – You may think preparing and showing your home may be stressful, but receiving offers can be equally difficult. The goal is to get the most money as the seller, and as the buyer the goal is to look at market value and determine if it’s priced appropriately. . A REALTOR® can help you stay reasonable, without letting you take a lowball offer either. They will also be there to navigate multi-bids and renegotiations. Renegotiations fall apart all the time, and deals frequently don’t come through.Each side has different concerns, and each party needs to know where the other stands. Your agent can help guide you through tricky negotiations. Closing can be a confusing process, and there is a lot of paperwork to sign. Your REALTOR® has been through this many times and can explain everything you are signing and why. If you have any questions on anything, your REALTOR® is right there.
- REALTORS® Know the Area – They know what the property values are, and have a good idea of future market fluctuations. They also know where and how to list your property for best results. Having a home listed on MLS is not enough. A good REALTOR® that is knowledgeable of the area is essential to getting the best deal on your home.
To learn more about what a Realtor can do for you, call me today at 512-560-0777